2 EuroTours of the 2013 season have already been played
See the total EuroTour standings here.
Even though the spring is still yet to arrive for real in Europe, we have already found winners in 2 EuroTour tournaments.
In Prodiscus Dutch Open - the first weekend of April - it was a Swedish success in most divisions. The tournament was played on the very challenging course in Rijswijk set up for the tournament.
With some nice tournament facilities in the hockey club located at the course, everything went after the plan. Although cold and foggy in the mornings, the weather gods provided more sun and warmth during the day and the conditions were good to excellent throughout the tournament.
The winners were:
- Open: Henrik Johansen, Sweden.
- Women: Sofie SandstrĂ¶m, Sweden.
- Master: Jean-Louis Tanghe, Belgium.
- Grandmaster: Rodi Nordberg, Sweden.
- Senior Grandmaster: Markku Tohni, Finland.
- Junior: Niko RĂ¤ttyĂ¤, Finland.
- Amateur: John Doyle, Netherlands.
See all scores from Prodiscus Dutch Open here
In the second weekend of April, first time EuroTour arrangers in Vilnius, Lithuania faced snow all over the course on the first tournament day of Prodiscus Vilnius Open!
Some of the players were unaffected by this and shot incredible rounds way over 1000 in rating.
As the tournament proceeded, Jalle Stoor just got better and better, and won the Open division with a safe margin.
Here are all the winners:
- Open: Jalle Stoor, Finland.
- Women: Maie-Ly Pihus, Estonia.
- Master: Kenth Lindqvist, Sweden.
- Grandmaster: Derek Robins, United Kingdom.
- Senior Grandmaster: Charlie Mead, United Kingdom.
- Junior: Gabrielius Gricius, Lithuania.
- Amateur: Tauno TĂµld, Estonia.
See all scores from Prodiscus Vilnius Open here
Here is the 2013 calendar with all EuroTour tournaments, as well as the two European Majors: